Description & Details
This sumptuously soft and cosy mohair blanket is made from the hair of an angora goat, one of the most luxurious fibres in the world. Woven by master craftsmen in Spain according to traditional techniques dating back 700 years, its silky lightweight yet dense and resilient fibres naturally avoid wrinkles, dirt and odour. Since the 1930s, the Valgañón family has been weaving only the finest mohair in its mill, bringing out its remarkable natural qualities.
Mohair's Natural Qualities
- A hollow breathable fibre that warms almost instantly when placed against the skin.
- Extremely light - but amazingly warm.
- Naturally avoids wrinkles, dirt and odours, as it is a smooth fibre (like our own hair) requiring little cleaning.
- Low static propensity.
- Naturally flame-retardant
- 100% biodegradable and ecologically sound, as the Angora goats are gentle on the land and don't cause erosion.
Size & Weight
Composition & Colour
- 73% Mohair & 27% Wool
Ideas for use
- Cuddle up on your couch with a warm tea and good book.
- Rejuvenate an old chair or sofa.
- Exchange your blanket with one or several mohair blankets for sleeping - because of its good moisture and temperature management properties, mohair bedding products can produce a deep and comfortable sleep in both the summer and the winter.
It is recommended to dry clean this product; however, we have hand-washed many of our mohair pillows and throws in tests, and they wash well, if washed with care, in cool water using a wool-approved detergent. But NEVER spin dry or tumble dry.